Thursday 28 June 2018, 08:00pm - 09:45pm
Tonight's Topic: When Things Don't Go As Planned
Sometimes coming out doesn’t go as planned. As a gay father, we often have fears of what could go wrong. Most of the time this doesn’t happen; but every so often these fears are realized. Tonight, we discuss how to move forward if things deteriorate when coming out to family and friends. We will discuss what we can do for support, what we can do to help each other, and how to move forward. You will always be a gay father, how do we take the negatives in our world and make it a positive future for yourself. The topic is tough; bring questions and experiences to share in helping all of us move forward.
Lead Facilitator: Graham *Second Facilitator: Chris
*When two or more facilitators are present, the Second Facilitator is able to discuss matters privately if needed.*
If this is your First first Gay Fathers meeting:
- Remember, this is a BIG step for you! You may have lots of questions: Who will be there? What is this about? What would I expect? This is how most of us felt arriving at our first Gay Fathers meeting; we’ve been there.
- Do let one of the facilitators know that this is your first meeting.
- You do NOT have to participate, you are welcome to sit and listen, and if/when you are ready to join in the discussion go ahead, if asked to, you are always welcome to say, “I prefer to just listen tonight,” and this will be respected.
- Gay Fathers of Toronto does not advise what to do; we encourage every man to find the path best suited for him and his situation.
- All meetings are held at The 519 Church St Community Centre (519 Church Street, Toronto, ON) , Room 304 (check the notice board upon arrival in case there has been a room change)
- Map to 519 ►[Opens new window]◄
- Gay Fathers of Toronto is independent and is not financially supported or sponsored by any organization or group. Self-supported since it first met in 1978, every attending man is asked to contribute $5 at each meeting to defray the costs of meeting space/website/etc (unless it is your first meeting, then it is free).
- If $5 is a financial burden and is preventing you from attending, contact or email privately (firstname.lastname@example.org). We are here to support, not to inhibit or to embarrass.
- Meeting leaders are gay fathers and volunteers. Please note, they are trained to facilitate discussions; they are not life coaches, marriage counsellors, psychologists, or lawyers.
- Mutual respect is expected. Predatory or intimidating behaviour will not be tolerated. Gay Fathers of Toronto has a Code of Mutual Respect. Ask a Facilitator to browse a copy of it if you want more information. Talk to a Facilitator or email us confidentially (email@example.com) about anything that offends or concerns you.
Location The 519 Church Street Community Centre, Room 304